Established in 1829, Georgetown College is a distinguished private college in the beautiful Bluegrass Region of central Kentucky. Georgetown College is primarily a residential campus, offering undergraduate programs in the liberal arts, sciences, and professions, as well as a single graduate program: Master of Arts in Education.
Job Skills / Requirements
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee the Student Counseling and Health Center and provide counseling services for Georgetown College students.
EXPECTATION OF EMPLOYEE:
- Adheres to College Policy and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside the College
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meets Department productivity standards
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide supervisory and budgetary oversight to Counseling and Health Center staff.
- Provide face to face counseling with students. (~15-20% of time). Some telehealth options are available during the pandemic.
- Manage budget for the Counseling and Health Center
- Provide emergency mental health care to students.
- Provide culturally responsive services to students.
- Oversee Electronic Health Records System for counseling records.
- Collaborate with community partners
- Identify, hire and supervise approximately 2-4 practicum students in the counseling center as needed
- Serve on campus committees, such as the CARE Behavioral Intervention Team, and the emotional support animal committee.
- Oversee planning and implementation of preventative and educational programming and events on campus.
- Maintain Independent Licensure in state of Kentucky
- Respond to emergency situations as needed.
This position supervises the Health Services staff, Administrative Assistant, part-time counselors, as well as all masters level Practicum Students in the Counseling Center and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. The position also oversees the contracted Health Services and the related Physician’s Assistant. The position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a university counseling center or comparable mental health setting.
- Experience with Crisis Assessment and Intervention Services.
- Experience with Severe and Emerging Mental Health Disorders.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a university counseling center or comparable mental health setting.
- Experience with After-Hours On Call Crisis Mental Health Situations.
- Experience with students who identify as BIPOC.
- Experience with students who identify as part of the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Experience with integration of spirituality in counseling when appropriate given the institution’s open, caring and committed Christian mission.
- Experience working with a campus health center.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience – Doctoral or Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, or related field. Independent Licensure or license eligible to practice counseling in the state of Kentucky with supervisory credentials. Knowledge and proficiency in psychological assessments.
- Communication / Language – Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Mathematical -- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Basic accounting skills.
- Reasoning -- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Must adhere to ACA (or candidate’s specific discipline) standard of ethics. Must be knowledgeable and proficient in therapeutic approaches.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – Must process qualified independent license or be license eligible to practice counseling independently in Kentucky. Must abide by state-mandated continuing education requirements. Preferred: Ability to Supervise associate licensed professionals and master’s level counseling interns.
- Computer Literacy / General Office Equipment – Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel. Word, Outlook). Basic office equipment to include facsimile, copier, printer and adding machine.
Interested applicants may apply by following the link to upload their cover letter and resume. Review of applicants will begin immediately and will be accepted until the job is closed.
Georgetown College does not discriminate, either in the admission of students, hiring and promotion of employees, or in the administration of any educational policies, programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status. Georgetown College is committed to enhancing diversity in its faculty, staff and student body. We encourage all qualified candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan